Sunday, 8 January 2012

Whistler

In the battle of face vs tree, tree always wins. I was shredding through some boot deep pow in the trees at Whistler today, saw a snow covered boulder on the right hand side of the run and thought "this looks like a nice place to drop a back 3." I was mistaken. Came around at 270 to see a branch looming at face height, luckily for me it was just a soft leafy branch without much substance, however, being closelined mid 3 definitely lost me a few steeze points.

The riding here is unreal, I have finally discovered how to turn in deep snow, I watched a dude double cork an 80ft jump (for the non-skiers reading this, it is a fucking outrageous trick), learnt how to air out of a half pipe (scary as shit) and just generally killed it. Riding Whistler makes your skill level increase every minute that you're on the hill, we are possibly cancelling our plan to ski in Quebec cause every Canadian we talk to about it says it's shit, and instead staying an extra night or two hear. Big storm supposedly coming through tonight and tomorrow then bluebird Tues/Wed! Stoked. Apologies to all the non skier-boarders reading this, you probs have no idea what i'm on about, but that's ok, your time will come.

Peace

1 comment: