Tuesday, 10 January 2012

Au Revoir Whistler

Currently chilling at Vancouver airport waiting to board our flight to Quebec. The last few days have been pretty much action packed! I lost Luke's GoPro, I bought Luke a new GoPro, I tried chocolate & honey flavoured beer, made friends with some Vancouver locals in the spa at our resort, evidently there is a huge weed culture in Whistler, one of my new acquiantances was quoted as saying "I pretty much just smoke all the time, my mother had to tempt me out of her womb with a joint..." lololol. I had a chat with another local rider on the lift heading up to the blackcomb park, he informed me of how he had once hurt his neck learning tricks on the airbag, I asked if he'd been learning backflips, he replied, "nah, double corks, but I do them good now." - Next level shit.

Got up at 6am this morning for the "fresh tracks breakfast" which involves getting the Whistler Gondola up the hill at 730, having a mean cooked brekkie, then hitting the slopes/fresh pow for an hour before it opens to the public, was a crazy feeling standing on a mountain top watching the moon set and the sun rise simultaneously, pictures will ensue.

My final comment is on the American nuclear family. This particular family of three was getting into the spa, they were a real sight to behold. The white haired, distinguished and wealthy looking father had clearly fallen asleep in a sunbed for several years, and looked like an older, African-American version of Mitt Romney. Lolza. The wife, was a classic peroxide blonde haired, surgically enhanced botox and collagen injected barbie doll, and the son, a "built like a brick shithouse", All-American quarterback. Classic.

That's all for now, hope NZ is keeping it real.

Peace

No comments:

Post a Comment