I've arrived. My uni / college (trying to sound all american and shit) has the acronym SUNY, remember this as I really cbf writing out the full title all the time. It's pretty mint, i'm in a new hall which has its own gym and is pretty fly. I neglected to bring a duvet or pillows so have fashioned a quilt out of NZ flags and a pillow out of scarves and hoodies. Choice. I think I may have tipped my taxi driver 50 bucks by accident, fml. What kind of backward-ass country makes all its notes the same colour then makes you tip people in the dark!!!!! Rawr! Only international students here all week, haven't seen many and i'm the only person in my entire hall so it's pretty quiet! Have 3 aussie friends though which is nice! At least i'll have people to sit with at breakfast tomorrow (they were keen to be fashionably late too and rock up to breakfast 10min before it closes, my kind of people - breakfast is the most over-rated meal, and that's how Andrew sees it.) A meal that is not over-rated however, is dinner. Unbeknown to me, they were not providing a meal tonight, so the 2 tiny slices of pizza I had while I registered was supposed to be it, having not eaten lunch, this causes some problems. Stoked to have the emergency chocolate in my bag, chur to Georgie Brown for putting that in there.
Just chilling atm in my room, my room-mate doesn't arrive until Sunday which is nice, he's an upperclassman (4th / 5th year) who majors in education, apparently he is out being a student teacher part-time which means he doesn't stay here all that much. Ideal.
Off to sleep now! (midnight here) long day of doing typical orientation crap, scavenger hunts, campus tours etc.
Peace up,
A-town down
You're welcome squirt.
ReplyDeleteHope you're causing a ruckus while there's no-one to report you! xx